Friday, March 23, 2012

Photo Shoot 17: December 2011















 


         I shot these photos of baby Katelyn in December; I think she is about two weeks old here. My thoughts on shooting a newborn: wow. Not only was I amazed at the beauty and wonder of a new life, but the love, peace, and contentment of new parents. I have been so privileged to be able to shoot this beautiful baby and family, twice now. Thank you Christina and John for this amazing opportunity.

         Like every shoot, I learn so much--about light, about space, about fabrics and backgrounds. This shoot took place over the course of about 4 hours. It was tough because the baby needed to eat, rest, and cry in between shots. I learned to be patient and actually enjoyed having the extra time to be able to plan. I also enjoyed photographing all her little baby parts--feet, hands, ears, nose, mouth. I did look through some photos on the internet before the shoot to get some ideas--hence, the wedding rings on her toes (which I thought turned out pretty neat!). I also played a little bit with different fabric textures, which turned out great in the b&w shots, especially the dress I brought (which I used for the background in shots 2, 3, & 5).


1 comment:

  1. I love getting to see these photos as well as the ones from the later shoot 3 months later! I hope you'll get to photograph (and show us) additional shoots of this little one.

    ReplyDelete